Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pretty Pansies

I have wanted to make these little pansies and just got the Butterfly Extra Large Punch. After punching out some butterflies, I placed them on a thick layer of paper towels. Then I spritzed them heavily with water. With my Aqua Painter I picked up a drop of Lavender Lace reinker and dropped onto the outside of the butterflies. I then used another Aqua Painter and pulled out a drop of Summer Sun reinker and placed in the middle of the butterflies. All the color flows together. After they dried, I used a Black Stampin Marker and drew the stamens. 2 butterflies are put together with a rhinestone brad. This card uses Newsprint DSP for my background and some died satin ribbon in Lavender Lace. Can't wait to try some other colors for my pansies!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT idea, Tracy! It turned out beautifully! I have that punch too, I'll have to give it a go:)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Tracey! I love the music paper!

Bev Gomez said...

These are goooourgeuos Tracy! I tried it but I will have to see what they look like. I will let you know how they turned out! Bev