Friday, July 24, 2009

Color Throwdown Challenge


I wanted to try this Color Throwdown Challenge and chose the snails from the "Garden Whimsey" set because I was thinking it would be nice if summer would just slow down!!! One more month and I head back to substitute teaching and early mornings! I'm not ready yet! But my card actually turned into a "Happy Retirement" card, because the snails just seemed to fit!!! Certainly Celery cardstock was embossed with the dotted swiss cuddlebug folder and layered on Chocolate Chip textured cardstock then some Perfect Plum. My snails are inked in the challenge colors and mounted on a square scallop punch of textured Chocolate Chip. I popped them up on a little stampin dimentional. I just happened to have some retired Ribbon Originals to top it off! Can't wait to give this card to a coworker who is retiring soon where I work part time ( Coldwater Creek !)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Your card is just adorable. I am with you,and I too wish summer would just slow down.

LeAnne said...

Very cute, Tracey! Yes, I wish the summer would slow down too! I love your CB background and the polka dot ribbon! Thanks for playing!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very sweet design! Those snails are so cute! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

AMY FLEMING said...

What a beautiful card!!!
TFS
AMY