Monday, June 29, 2009

Joy Thoughts

Amy Carmichael writes, "I think thankfulness is like a flower. It needs care and cherishing if it is to live and grow. Perhaps thankfulness, even more than some qualities that seem to come naturally to us, is in need of cherishing, because of the withering winds of life. The best way to cause it to grow strong in our hearts is to be careful never to let ourselves be UNthankful.
"Let us cherish thankfulness." Hebrews 12:28

A missionary in India years ago, Amy inspires me with her focus on the Lord applied to daily life.
I think today I need to be on the lookout for ways to thank the Lord and others for simple kindnesses. The grocery clerk at Krogers, the checkout boy, the friend who calls out of the blue, my pastor for his faithfulness to serve, a coworker at work who is helpful...Lord, let me cherish thankfulness and be thankful in all things.

(From: Thou Givest...They Gather - Amy Carmichel)

No comments: