Saturday, June 27, 2009

Water Color Fifth Avenue Floral

I really enjoyed this watercolor technique! I learned it from fellow Stampin Up! demonstrator, Patty Bennett. The Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set has this beautiful rose stamp. It is stamped in white craft ink and clear embossing powder is sprinked over the top. I stamped on Shimmer White cardstock. The rose is then completely spritzed with water. Using reinker and an aqua painter, I dipped the tip of the aqua painter in a dot of Regal Rose and then touched the surface of the rose. The color immediately spreads onto the rose and through the petals. I then added some Yo Yo Yellow! The colors begin to blend and create these beautiful shades! After the rose has dried it is cut out and put on the card. In this picture you can see some other roses I made...just waiting to be added to a card front! You can also find a video tutorial Patty Bennett's blog: www.pattystamps.com.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: