Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pals Paper Arts Christmas Vintage Challenge

I love vintage! Just wish I had more Christmas vintage stamps! But with a little creating I combined a retired background stamp and the Hostess I Holiday Best and the ever so vintage Winter Poste to set the mood. Old Olive and Ruby Red were my color combos. I had some fun with the rivets. After I set them I put a rhinestone brad inside. Aren't jewels a bit "vintagey" too?! I don't think you can really tell, but I used a Nestability to cut out the scallop oval and the Old Olive layer is mounted on dimentionals for the raised look. The skaters are stamped on Very Vanilla and mounted on the Red cardstock underneath. I sponged on some Close to Cocoa to vintage it up some more too.
Some ribbon to garnish my card and a scrap of antique crazy quilt for the background completes this PPA challenge!
Posted by Picasa



3 comments:

nelia said...

This is really pretty! I love that stamp set and wish I had it in my collection...love the scallop and paper - so pretty!

Ann Schach said...

Very vintage looking! I love the ribbons! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Wonderful vintage look - thanks for playing @PPA - hhope you try our color challenge next week!