Saturday, August 14, 2010

Paper Players In Honor of Teachers!


The Paper Players color challenge just reminded me of blackboards and late summer apples! I am creating some cards to send to my teacher friends as they go back to school to encourage their hearts as they step into the lives of children. They do make a difference. I can tell, because I am a substitute and I so admire each teacher as I attempt to cover their classes! So this card is in honor of all teachers heading back to the classroom. It is a retired "apple" set inked up in Cherry Cobbler with a touch of Crumb Cake for the stem and leaf. The fun punch adds a flavor of classroom and I created the little ribbon by cutting out a thin strip, adding some fake stitching, not very good cuz I wanted to get this card posted~ A strip of sticky strip holds the fake ribbon on. I used the new DSP Newspaper Print and Love Letter as well. A button adds a touch of homemade love! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings and Joy!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Great card Tracey! Love the sentiment! I'm a teacher...so thank you! Thanks for playing along with us again!
Smiles,
Lesley ;)

jaydee said...

Tracey
I love what you did with the color challenge. What a perfect saying, too! I love the way you managed to incorporate so many school elements on this fabulous card.
Thank you for joining the Paper Players again this week.
Hugs
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Love it, Tracey! So many wonderful details, such as the faux stitching and button! I know that teachers everywhere would love this card! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Mary said...

Tracey, your card came out awesome! It is very thoughtful of you to make cards for your friends who are the teachers going back to school. I am sure that they will love this card! So hard to beleive that summer is almost over.

Mary

Unknown said...

So adorable!!! I just love that notebook paper piece. Fun colors & I love the textured apple:)

Unknown said...

Love this card... I appreciate the thought being a kindergarten teacher getting ready to go back to school.