Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Vintage in Pink and Black - A Winner at Always Playing with Paper!

It is always encouraging to be acknowledged for your creativity. Thank you Always Playing With Paper for the sweet honor of being one of your picks this week!
For this new challenge,Playing with Paper, which called for a "vintage" look card, I used my new Elements of Style set and Artistic Etchings sets. I am also using this card for the Stampin Royalty challenge to create your own background DSP. I created a "shabby chic" vintage look by using Pink Pirouette and black on Whisper White cardstock. You can see I used lovely pink roses for my background. I love how versatile this stamp set is going to be! With a bit of retired ribbon and a button plus the gorgeous new antique brads, I finished off this card with a bit of "pop!" ( A very thin cut of black cardstock creates the "thread" in the center of my button, a tip from the wonderful Mary Fish and her Stampin Pretty blog...see sidebar for link) Hope you are having a great week!




Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Lesley said...

This is fabulous Tracey! I lurve the pink and black combo.
Thank you for joining us at Always Playing with Paper.
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Nance Leedy said...

Great job Tracey! I, too, love the pink and black together. So very chic and so perfect for the etchings set. Beautiful card! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today. Knowing you are out there inspires me. Cheers!

Ann Schach said...

Stunning, Tracey! I love the antique brad and the ribbon treatment...very vintage! Thanks for playing at Always Playing with Paper!

Shanda Stirk said...

Your card is gorgeous - I love the colors you chose and your design is great! It really does pop! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Beautiful job! I absolutely love what you did with this card and the color combo is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Hands On said...

Love how you turned your focal point. I can't seem to be able to do that and that and make it look good. Great card!

Debbie Henderson said...

Beautiful Vintage card Tracey! Love the pink you added to it!

jaydee said...

Tracey, I LOVE the pink, black and white color scheme. I haven't seen that used with this set before, but it adds a freshness to the overall image that I think is really refreshing. Fabulous job.
Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week
hugs
jaydee

Lesley said...

Congratulations on your win over at the Paper Players challenge this week!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Nance Leedy said...

Congratulations Tracey! So glad to be in your company with top 3! Your card is beautiful!

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful card! Great patterned paper. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Chanda said...

Oooooh, I LOVE this card! Great job and congratulations!

chanda stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.com